ESSENTIAL SECURITY SERVICES
- Barika is able to offer essential security services that are effective, current and geared to the client’s needs by interrogating the current environment, Barika is able to detect the weaknesses in the environment and propose remedies, thus ensuring the security of the environment. As part of the recommendations,
- Barika offers the client early warning systems to prevent potential security breaches in the future. Recommendations include:
- Optimisation of the operational Security layer of the IT environment
- Configuration of perimeter security devices & logical access control (e.g. Firewalls & VPN)
- Monitoring of Mail and Messaging platforms
- Review of Group Policies including end-user & device naming and password policies in Active Directory.
- Updating of Documentation and configuration securities to coincide with approved change control.
- Barika helps the client navigate the complexities of IT security by providing toolsets that inform and assist the client in understanding what is going in in their environment:
- Client defined checklists (dependent on IT environment architecture and equipment deployed),
- Server logs analysis,
- Security related “probes”, “sniffers” and toolsets used to analyse, test and report on equipment security configurations
- Using the information gathered from the toolsets, the client receives
- Completed checklists
- Summarised findings, with recommendations, included in the client site monthly report.
- This ensures that the client is fully aware of the functioning of the IT environment and is able to make informed decisions for their business based on this.
As businesses’ reliance on technology reaches ever increasing heights annually, the need for effective IT security rises exponentially
Companies need to take effective steps to secure their business information at all times.
Potentially sensitive information should only be accessed by the people that it is meant for.
IT security is paramount and essential to the successful functioning of businesses.
Business owners must take responsibility for their IT security to remain relevant in the business world today.